Tuesday, July 18, 2006

She does love to eat!!!

It's only Tuesday, but we've had a BIG week. Mom and I have a system...she hides things, forgets where, and I hunt until I find it for her. Yesterday's adventure was a small one and I found her necklace in record time, which was fortunate, because I was on my lunch hour. The rest of my day was spent at work, while she had exercise, soccer, bible study and Bingo.

I don't know everything she did today. I do know they listened to Elvis and had popcorn.

We were scheduled to go out to dinner, but when I picked her up she'd forgotten and was eating supper. She was sooooo funny. I told her we could go to dinner another night and she said --- NO! She passed her fruit to the lady across the table and told her suite mate she was going to get some good food.

We went to Briggs, an award winning restaurant, and Mom had strawberry shortcake. I don't know how to tell you the size of this serving. It was cake, ice cream, strawberries, and whipped cream and filled an entire dinner plate!!! Mom loves to eat and she finished about two thirds of that cake, making sure she got every strawberry.

Mom told me not long ago, that if she lost her appetite to go ahead and order the flowers, because that would be the sign she's on her way out. Dave and I tease her because she always says she can't possible eat all of that...and everytime she cleans her plate. Except at her favorite restaurant, The Flavor of New Orleans, and that's because the chef gives her double servings of oysters and crab cakes.

She once asked me if I thought Linda, the chef/owner liked her so much because she's old. We decided probably because she's old and sweet, and since old gets you very little in life...take the extra crab cake and the hugs and have a nice lunch!

Sleep well. I just talked to Mom and she's snuggled in watching TV and reading a book her friend Helen sent to her.

Nite,
Marsha

PS Tomorrow: 8:00 A.M...the dentist...I sure hope I don't forget!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home