Friday, July 21, 2006

That Job Thing...

This week has been stressful for Mom, myself, Dave and his family...plus a few problems with work and a couple seriously ill friends.

Years ago I had a student assistant who is in her thirties now. I love her very much... She called this week to tell me she had a miscarriage, she went on to tell me about a lady in her yoga class, who told her she had to change to a new class because her husband was having an affair with someone he met in the joint class, the lady was in her 50s getting a divorce and has cancer. It made my friend realize life could be worse...she said the lady "had that Job thing going." Until the day I die I will remember that line.

At one time or another everyone has "that Job thing going."

I told my husband when Job had all of his problems he never complained. Dave said that's why Job is in the Bible and we aren't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home