Friday, September 29, 2006

"No Top...No Doors" sigh....

Greetings!

We've had a good week. Last Saturday I had both Wyatt and Mom for about 12 hours...Sunday I napped, and napped some more.

My friend, Loretta, is doing very well after surgery!!! Dave's sister, Linda, is being released today from physical rehab, so please keep her in your prayers!

We took Mom to Red Robin for dinner this week, and as usual she ate like a small horse...plus a root beer float!

Since I give her such a rough time for saying something has been stolen, she switched to the word "missing" as in..."someone took my sweaters and didn't bring them back, so they are missing." Needless to say I found her sweaters in the closet and asked if the next time she can't find something, is she going to be nice...she replied, "probably not.'" Well, she's honest!

We had a nice chat last night and she confessed she's grumpy and depressed because she hates being old. She misses the life she had...she has an underlying anger, which is starting to peep out of her gentle nature. She's still one of the sweetest people on earth, but with an edge.

Last night started out lovely. Mom and I got a chicken dinner and ate outside, then got her hair done. When we left Diane's shop it was raining. With Diane's help I got her to the car safe and dry. So you know what happens next...the car won't start. I called Dave and he said he was on his way. Diane offered to take Mom home, so I sat, waiting on Dave. He said it was the battery and was trying to think where he could buy one that late at night. I told him to forget it, we'd get it fixed tomorrow. He said he had to fix it because I didn't have a way home. I (innocently) replied, I can go ride with you. Over the thunder, I heard the words...no top or doors.

Well, that was a trip. His Jeep had neither doors nor a top. You see, they said we might have a "shower" over night, so he wasn't expecting to go out at 9:00 at night, much less in a horrid thunderstorm. I don't remember the last time I was that wet....with my clothes on! And I don't remember ever driving and watching lightening flash over my head. I have a bad memory, but I believe I would have remember that.

Everyone arrived home safe and sound and Dave fixed the car this morning. I ran in to thank Diane, and we started talking about projects, and I told her the story of my friend who keeps a project going so she won't be depressed...her last project was to build a "temple" from a story and a half two car garage kit. It's beautiful, with French doors, stained glass windows. My friend is unique...it's the Temple of Art and Oneness...but that's another story...I'm blessed with a wonderful life and fun memories, loving (unique) friends...and even a few normal ones. ;)

Mom is well, tired of being old, looking forward to getting her nails done tomorrow morning...our world is going well.

Love and blessings!
Marsha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home