Sunday, October 01, 2006

Today was special!

This evening I feel like I've received a gift from God. Yesterday was a normal day; I took Mom to get her nails done and we had lunch with a friend. Today I had Mom and Wyatt all day. Wyatt obviously loves Mom, but today he paid extra attention to her. It was magical to watch them together. He's two years old and he covers her up, talks to her, stops playing to wave to her, and doesn't take a bite until he makes sure Mom also has her snack. It's as if he's watching out for her.

I was cooking supper and Wyatt wanted to watch a video. Since I couldn't see him from the kitchen, Mom offered to watch the video with him. I walked in to find Mom folding laundry, while she a Wyatt chatted away. Mom hasn't folded laundry in over a year! She also mentioned how much she enjoyed lunch yesterday. I was stunned! Mom doesn't usually remember what she ate by the time she gets back to her room.

We had a wonderful day. Mom's memory was very good, and the house was filled with love and laughter!

I hope each of you had a great weekend.

Marsha

PS Sheri said she read in the blog she was having Thanksgiving at her house. She said that reminded her to tell me, I was cooking and they were coming here. Ursula is bringing her rum cake, Sheri will be bringing Charles and new baby Max, so if anyone wants to join us, it looks like Thanksgiving is going to be here this year. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home